Let’s Decorate our home with this cute Handmade Heart/Valentine On a Rusty Bedspring. Yes. You can make this heart yourself
Who says you can’t have heart decor a (Symbol of Love) displayed all Seasons
Do you know, Your home decor Hearts don’t have to be put away after Valentines Day, hearts can be displayed all year decor.
- A heart Pattern 7 1/2″ needs to be that wide at the widest part. I wouldn’t make any bigger. The bottom of the heart has to be pushed into the bed spring see picture. The one in the picture is about 6 1/2 after sewn at the widest part that doesn’t include the allowance for seam.
- 1 rusty bedspring. I’ve had mine for a while but I’ve seen them on Etsy and Amazon for sale
- 1 piece of fabric for your heart your choice
- Ribbon approx: 18-20″ I used a cotton ribbon I bought at TJMax on clearance last year but you should be able to find something at the craft store.
- burlap 2-1/2 -3″ wide 4″ high
- letters for the burlap, I used vinyl from my cricut machine, but you could use a paint marker or stencil
- needle and thread
- floss contrasting color to your fabric
- small piece of twine to connect the burlap
- Use you heart pattern and cut heart out
- Tea stained fabric, Let dry
- Sewed by machine but can be sewn by hand if you desire, leave opening on the side to stuff
- Hand stitch around heart with a blind stitch using a contrasting color of thread
- Stiffen with stiffener or Fabric starch
- Stuff the heart with polyfil to desired thickness (Remember the heart will be stuffed into the bedspring be sure to leave a little give in the bottom of heart so it doesn’t pop out
- put the heart in the rusty bedspring
- Stiffen the ribbon then cut your ribbon and tie around heart.
- cut your burlap and apply the words
- That’s it
Step back and admire your Creation and find a place to display!
I hope you enjoyed and use these instructions to make yourself a Heart on a Rusty Bedspring for your Home.
Remember that Hearts are a Symbol of Love and can be displayed all year round not just for Valentines Day
Thanks for reading
If you have questions please email me I am happy to help.